MedAge – The Science of Peak Performance
Dr. Laura Ellis is a surgeon and wellness doctor, author, TV and radio host, mother, philanthropist, filmmaker and motorcycle enthusiast. She earned her MD at UNC Chapel Hill School of Medicine.
Dr. Ellis lives in Asheville, North Carolina and Laguna Beach, California, “Two amazingly beautiful locations for fun and scenic bike rides”. The example she set inspires both men and women everywhere by living a full and vital life herself and creates personalized health and wellness plans for each of her patients.
Many of Dr. Laura’s patient clients are professional and amateur athletes, including motorcycle riders and racers. She is passionate about improving the lives of her patients in a holistic fashion, “from the inside, out” as she likes to say.
Laura’s Riding Career
Since Laura began riding 6 years ago she has:
- Mentored under Ike DeJager of 20/20 Race Academy,
- Earned a road racing license from Ed Bargy Race School,
- Claimed a regional championship in CCS club racing on a Kawasaki Ninja 300,
- Starred in the SPEED TV series Neale Bayley Rides Peru, a challenging 11 day BMW dual sport ride through the Andes Mountains and the coastal and southern deserts of South America,
Supporting young riders while growing the sport of motorcycling
- Owns AXcess Racing LLC supporting young riders with moto racing talent and M4 medAge Suzuki, a professional race team in the MotoAmerica series.
- Her team won the National Championship in the KTM 390 spec class in MotoAmerica last season and went on to compete in the World Cup in Europe.
What’s up for the 2017 season and beyond?
Laura’s team is a strong contender to win another National Championship in the 600 Superstock class.
The Steel Horse Sisterhood is both thrilled and honored to annouce Laura as a presenter during the Women’s Motorcycle Summit – Smokies Edition. Laura, we salute you. Your love for humanity, for the sport and for our youth shines through all you touch and do and you are riding with your heart on your sleeve.
Connect with Laura on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and You Tube.