The Essence of the Women’s Motorcycle Summit
Over the last four years, the SHS Charity Women’s Women’s Motorcycle Summit has inspired and encouraged women to grow their skills and thrive while celebrating women and motorcycling.
When women motorcyclists register for the Women’s Motorcycle Summit, they are signing up for a multi-day intensive summit designed for All Women, All Ages, All Skill Levels and All Bikes aimed at providing you and your team with a platform to power up both your motorcycle … and life skills.
Holistic Health is an approach to life emphasizing the connection of mind, body, and spirit. We Believe activities you engage in and the daily choices you make affect the way you feel. Feelings of happiness are caused by endorphins which are the body’s natural feel-good chemicals and are powerful natural painkillers that promote a sort of “bliss,” providing a sense of well-being. The 5 Tenets of Healthy Living & Healthy Riding are intended to give us that boost in our daily lives!
- SPIRITUAL ~ (of the spirit) relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul, the inner character of a woman as opposed to material or physical things.
- EMOTIONAL ~ Mental and emotional health is about being happy, self-confident, self-aware, and resilient. To be able to cope with life’s challenges and recover from setbacks. Mental and emotional health–requires knowledge, understanding and effort to maintain. Everyday emotional well-being also involves identifying, building upon, and operating from your strengths
- PHYSICAL ~ Physical health connects us holistically to our spiritual and emotional. Taking care of your body is a powerful practice, infusing confidence and strength into the woman. As mind and the body are linked, when you improve your physical health, you’ll automatically experience greater spiritual and emotional well-being.
- MECHANICAL ~ If you are not riding on a mechanically sound motorcycle, you’re not riding “healthy”. Our role, as riders, is to identify ways to prevent injury and death and rigorously check what works and what does not work.”
- CHARITABLE ~ (Altruism) A Concern for the welfare of others— is considered a bedrock virtue by nearly all religions and cultures. Evidence suggests that altruism can boost our health. Compassion, the emotion behind Altruistic acts helps to stabilise the immune system against immune-suppressing effects of stress and may also decrease pain by stimulating the brain to release endorphins, natural powerful painkillers.
THE SHSC TEAM has created “A Transformational Women’s Event” around the following
7 Natural Endorphin Boosters
Eat a healthy diet
Connect with others
Learn something new
Incorporate soothing tastes, smells, & essential oils
Spend time in nature & in the sun.